Sunday, December 13, 2009

Vision Quest

As a kid one Christmas I received a two toned Pittsburgh Steeler letterman jacket. I wore it everyday and everywhere for the next two winters. I felt great pride for my team and sporting this coat was an extension of my support and loyalty to them. Years later, many years later, my mother pulled that jacket out of storage and though it was matted, smelly and small, the feelings I had as a kid for that jacket and that team came crashing back. It was love!

I guess even though I've grown up now I still search for that piece of merchandise that brings me back to why I take pride in the team, leagues or individuals I support. Even though there are hundreds of Steeler merchandise examples readily available it doesn't reflect where my heart is now.

I've spent the better part of my life as an athlete. The remaining time I have, I will spend as a spectator and supporter of women's athletics. I am currently grooming my soon-to-be three year old daughter to enjoy, appreciate and fulfill a lifelong dream...Olympic Glory! OK, maybe I'm reaching on that one, but you get the pride I have for women's sports. I want to show the world my pride by cladding myself with sweatshirts, caps, t-shirts, beanies and maybe...someday...a letterman jacket. I have taken on a labor of love to find all the licensed and unique women's athletic merchandise available and it's my pleasure to share my findings with other people who feel the same passion for women's sports like me.

In the collegiate realm there are lots of ways to pull for the University of Georgia, but sometimes I just want to pull for the Lady Bulldogs softball team or Baylor Lady Bears basketball or the Lady Tarheel soccer squad. This selfish attitude has thrust me in a quest to find who else thinks like me. Am I alone, I don't think so?

No comments:

Post a Comment